[LAD] FLTK vs GTKmm

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Sun Nov 8 10:01:33 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 09:09:39PM +0100, Jens M Andreasen wrote:

> Adrian

Hi!

> I e-mailed you several times ... Am I blacklisted somehow?

No, I have two mails from you in my Inbox about CUDA, but things are
rather busy over here, and my student is also very short on time.

So I guess he hasn't replied, yet?

In the meantime, I had a first glance at the new Fermi chips. They
support independent kernels, so this would leverage the whole design
principle of audio at CUDA.

The cards are expected for Q1/2010, rumours are that it will take a
little longer. However, the cards will have ECC almost everywhere (RAM,
Caches, you name it), so the Fermi cards will be better suited for
computation. Fermi is also aiming for onchip C++ exceptions, highler
lever language support (Python), 64bits pointers and so on. Much closer
to CPU programming.

I hope to get one of these in April, that's when I hopefully will find
some time to jump the band waggon. Until then, I have to rely on Max,
but he's also busy as hell.

Just a little side note: there are already compilers which generate CUDA
code from ordinary for loops, e.g. the PGI compiler.

Cheerio

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver