[LAD] How to develop guis for LV2?

David Robillard dave at drobilla.net
Sun Nov 8 19:22:36 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 21:17 +0200, Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> "Gabriel M. Beddingfield" <gabriel at teuton.org> writes:
>
> > Thanks Nedko....

> >> * the MIDI event extension
> >> * the Event port extension
> >> * the URI map extension
> >> * the external UI extension
> >
> > What about the dynparam extension?  That seems appropriate to require from
> > a synth host.
>
> It seems to be quite unpopular. As for Ingen+zynadd, the biggest problem
> is how Ingen will handle 100+ parameter ports. If they are all
> "automatable", of course.

If you mean visually, I think a straightforward "view priority" or
something along those lines property is the solution to this (this
problem is common to basically anything that shows all controls, not
just ingen).

Priority 0 would be a small number of high level controls that should be
visible whenever any control are (e.g. overall gain), Priority 1 would
be slightly more low level controls (e.g. filter cutoff), and so on.
Priorities could be associated with groups as well as ports to make
things more managaeable.

Easy enough, just needs doing.

-dr