[LAD] How to develop guis for LV2?

David Robillard dave at drobilla.net
Sun Nov 8 20:28:46 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 20:23 +0000, Chris Cannam wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Nedko Arnaudov <nedko at arnaudov.name> wrote:
> > IMHO, the two basic questions that user will have are:
> >
> > 1. Will the plugin X that I use a lot work on host Y that I want to try?
> > 2. Will the host W that I use a lot work well with the plugin Z I've found?
>
> Hm, I think you may have the wrong tense.  I think the one basic
> question that users will have is: Why doesn't this plugin work?

This is a problem that hosts (can, and) should express to the user in
clear terms.  They shouldn't have to go digging around on the internet
to figure this out (this is a large part of the reason I maintain these
"problems" are severely exaggerated around here).

> In other words, how can we convey the answers to questions like these
> to users who haven't actually bothered to read any documentation
> beforehand?  (i.e. all users)

The number one rule of offline documentation is that nobody reads
offline documentation :)

-dr