[LAD] timers

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Sun Nov 8 22:11:22 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/11/8 Adrian Knoth <adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de>
>> [...]
>> [0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_%28Unix%29#Useless_use_of_cat
>
> Holy shit, wait, is that one a demonstration of a "useless use of reply in
> e-mail"? Good one!

It's certainly a candidate for weirdest irrelevant flame interjected
into an otherwise reasonable thread.

> On a serious note, someone has got to enforce a way to stop topics like these from being posted to LAD.

No, this is fine for LAD.  Emanuel is a developer and he had a
question that's relevant to developers.  The thread digressed a bit,
but in a gentle enough way, and we all know how to ignore a thread if
we don't want to read it.

This is not such a high-traffic list, at least when you weed out the
stupid flames.

Chris