[LAD] How to develop guis for LV2?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Nov 8 22:45:20 UTC 2009

On 11/09/2009 05:58 AM, David Robillard wrote:

> Yes, we need a
> compatibility matrix or something along those lines.  Everyone agrees.
> There is really no need to continually state it.
>
> SOMEONE MAKE ONE ON THE DAMNED WIKI THEN

I have offered my time for this project. I'm still waiting for the dust
to settle on the best way to present the data. A compatibility matrix is
not out of the question. However from my experience with alsa matrix it
is hard to keep it up to date. I would like to take things a step
further an automate that process if at all possible.

In regards to the issue with specifiying UI's I thin the best way around
the problem is to provide template code that people can work from. It
doesn't have to be the most flexible method that is known. It just has
to present a simple and elegant approach to the issue.

Having a template for every language and tool set that can be used to
build an ui that a busy but interested developer can quickly slot into
their own project with minimum tweaking will be a major step towards
opening up compatibility and getting more applications and ui's built.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd