[LAD] GMPI

Jeff McClintock jef at synthedit.com
Mon Nov 9 20:45:46 UTC 2009

From: Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>

>  # In-place processing (reusing an input buffer as an output buffer)
must be supported by GMPI. Not critical, in fact VST has removed this
feature.  Possible future enhancement.

>say it ain't so jeff! This is a ridiculous bit of cache thrashing. I
haven't followed VST carefully, and you certainly know more about it
than me, but i thought that steinberg did the opposite and got rid of
process_adding() and process_replacing() and required
process_replacing() ("in place") semantics?

Good point. In-place is super-easy to support anyhow, just use the same
buffer as both input and output.

Jeff