[LAD] How to develop guis for LV2?

David Robillard dave at drobilla.net
Thu Nov 12 14:58:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 22:39 -0800, David Aguilar wrote:
> On Nov 11, 2009, at 7:42 AM, David Robillard <dave at drobilla.net> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 00:18 -0500, Simon Burton wrote:

> >> dbus ?
> >
> > No, I just mean a message format for sending to plugins / UIs / etc,
> > not
> > a system level thing.
> >
> > Think OSC, or messages in pd/Max,
>
> json is great.

never thought of using it, but using json is a good idea if (it ends up
fitting with whatever abstract data model we need, anyway).  Syntax(es)
should be independent of the actual spec though, IMO.

>   If you need binary rpc then take a look at bert.  They
> could be good mediums for simple language-neutral data exchange.

this is interesting, I hadn't seen this before.  many of the lengths are
only two bytes though, which is a bit of a severe limitation

I'll think about how this can all mesh together...

Thanks

-dr