[LAD] LADI

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Tue Nov 24 20:19:42 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 7:46 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 2:24 PM,  <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:
>> The problem I pointed out exists when the 'real' loop (in
>> the C, C++ sense), in other words the while() thing above,
>> is completely absorbed into a GUI toolkit.
>
> you can view it that way around if you wish. but i think that its
> equally accurate to say that things start with a particular event loop
> (in the C, C++ sense) and then the toolkit is built around it.

At the event loop level, neither GTK nor Qt is a GUI toolkit.  That
is, GTK's event loop is found in glib rather than GTK itself; Qt's
event loop (whether native or using glib) is also below the GUI
toolkit level, available for use by event-driven applications that
neither use X11 nor link against any of Qt's GUI code.

Chris