[LAD] [LAU] FOSS Ethernet Soundcard

apolinaire at poczta.fm apolinaire at poczta.fm
Wed Nov 25 10:48:11 UTC 2009

> And how many of them are open standards?
>

> Flo
The only "usefull" would be AES50-2005 because it is  royalty-free.

([..] SuperMAC provides 48 channels bi-directionally over Cat 5 cable,
while HyperMAC provides up to 384 channels bi-directionally over Cat 5 or Cat 6 or fibre.
The signal format includes embedded clocks in the same way that AES3 does. [...] )

There is association AES50 Trade Association  http://www.aes50ta.org/
http://www.supermac-hypermac.com/

For non commercial usage they are planning to give free SDK for dsp platforms.
([...] Software Development Kits (SDKs) for use with Xilinx Spartan-3E and -3S series field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) [...])

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/klark_teknik_announces_several_aes50_protocol_developments/
http://www.techietalk.co.uk/news/klark-teknik-announces-major-aes50-developments-plasa-2009/

For commercial usage they charge £500 towards administration costs.
Details of licensing can be found here http://www.supermac-hypermac.com/licensing.php

Nevertheless, I can support open protocol development with my work since I am writing right no my theses on audio networking.

  Pawel