[LAD] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.5 slipped away!

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at comhem.se
Fri Oct 2 19:02:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 19:58 +0100, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

> - A couple of primitive D-Bus interface slots have been introduced ...

Can somebody give a pointer to why D-Bus is desireable in an
RT-envoronment? What is the magic we do not wan't to live without?

I am asking this because I am experiencing that the 'Kit'-family is
doing nameserver lookups before allowing to open a window with my
current soundcard mixer levels.

That it at times takes more than five seconds to open a window
displaying only a handful of bytes (locally available), tells me that
something is not working excactly as intended.

Oh! BTW: Why am I revealing this kind of information about local
activity to my ISP in the first place?