[LAD] Realtime MIDI programming?

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 14:06:43 UTC 2009

Hey,

I'd advise C++ & RtMidi if you've done any OOP before, I started out with
that combination,
there are some good examples on the RtMidi
webpage<http://www.music.mcgill.ca/%7Egary/rtmidi/>
.

It provides a MIDI interface on all of Linux-Mac-PC, so its cross-platform.

And I'd advise you to start with "normal" scheduling (I've never coded an RT
app, but MIDI apps works
100% realtime for me without any upgrading of priority).

Good luck, -Harry