[LAD] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.5 slipped away!

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Sat Oct 3 22:45:27 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 11:11:09PM +0100, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

> Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>
> > With the new release is it still possible to
> >
> > - start qjackctl while you have an already running jackd,
> >   and have it connect to that jackd,
> > - and later terminate qjackctl and leave the jackd rumning,
> > - repeat this as many times as necessary ?
> >
> > This is sort of essential to the way I use qjackctl today.
> >

> all positive but "terminate qjackctl and leave the jackd rumning"...
>
> iif jackd was started from under qjackctl, it will get killed upon
> qjackctl destruction--this is one side-effect since qjackctl has
> migrated to qt4 (qjackctl >= 0.3.0) so it's not kind of a mis-feature of
> this particular release. it's been there for quite a couple of years now
> (shrug:)

The use case is about a jackd that was *not* started
by qjackctl. Release 0.3.4 does the right thing, I
just hope 0.3.5 does the same.

The other case, starting a jackd from qjackctl and
leave it running when qjackctl exits would be useful
as well, and earlier versions could do this. But I
remember your comment about qt4's subprocess class
making this impossible. Damn qt4.

BTW a non-qt version of qjackctl would be welcome.

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.