[LAD] Re : Saving plugin presets

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Oct 8 19:02:06 UTC 2009

Paul Davis schrieb:
> On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 20:45 +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:
>> Paul Davis schrieb:

>>> No, no, and a hundred times no. This is the code needed in ardour to
>>> load a named preset:
>> I got ensure in a previous thread, that the rdf approach is flawed, as you can't
>> get a list of presets for each plugin. I got no answer how its supposed to work.
>> What an application would want to do is:
>> * scan LADSPA_PATH for plugins
>> * get the rdf blob for each
>> * build a list of presets for each plugin
>
> given a unique integral ID for a plugin:
>
> 	lrdf_uris* set_uris = lrdf_get_setting_uris(id);
>
> 	if (set_uris) {
> 		for (uint32_t i = 0; i < (uint32_t) set_uris->count; ++i) {
> 			if (char* label = lrdf_get_label(set_uris->items[i])) {
> 				labels.push_back(label);
> 				presets[label] = set_uris->items[i];
> 			}
> 		}
> 		lrdf_free_uris(set_uris);
> 	}
>
> 	// GTK2FIX find an equivalent way to do this with a vector (needed by
> GUI apis)
> 	// labels.unique();
>
> 	return labels;

After a long time I got back to this and unfortunately it does not work for me :/

    uris = lrdf_get_setting_uris (desc->UniqueID);
    if (uris) {
       guint32 j;

       for (j = 0; j < uris->count; j++) {
         printf ("setting_uri : %s\n", uris->items[j]);
         if ((str = lrdf_get_label (uris->items[j]))) {
           printf ("setting_label : %s\n", str);
         }
       }
       lrdf_free_uris (uris);
     }

This gives me a lot of
setting_uri : _:genid223061.366f1
but no single label. Also I totally miss how I could acualy load a preset, so
that the values from the preset are acivated in the plugin.

I also studies the rdf file I have and I can't find anything that looks like a
list of names parameter sets there. Those are the rdfs that I have.
calf.rdf, cmt.rdf, fa-plugins.rdf, ladspa.rdfs, swh-aux.rdf, swh-plugins.rdf,
swh-scales.rdf, tap-plugins.rdf, tap_reverb.rdf

Any ideas?

Stefan