[LAD] Re : Saving plugin presets

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Oct 9 15:51:35 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Stefan Kost <ensonic at hora-obscura.de> wrote:
> Paul Davis schrieb:
>> correct. none of them come with presets in this format. a few have a
>> different kind of "builtin preset" (i.e. a parameter that changes all
>> other parameters).
>>
> Thanks for the confirmation. Its thats quite sad. It would be nice if
> people send their presets to the plugin authors and they merge them and
> ship them with future updates.

yes, and then we'd be one step ahead of apple. i just discovered (and
fixed) an issue this morning with Ardour's AU support on OS X because
apple considers "factory presets" to be an entirely different beast
than "user presets", and uses a different API for interacting with
them. It wasn't *that* hard to fix, but it was annoying. the idea that
all presets are the "same kind of thing" is quite attractive.