[LAD] (Somewhat OT) Advice needed on distro choice

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 14:49:32 UTC 2009

2009/10/13 Fons Adriaensen <fons at kokkinizita.net>

> There's only only problem I've not been able to fix:
> when using apps that frequently update pixmaps or
> send Ximages, the mouse pointer gets corrupted with
> that data. It happens with Ardour, jkmeter, japa,
> and others. No idea where to start... Driver is
> the 'ati' module, probably it needs some parameters.

Is this xf86-video-ati? What card is this? In case you missed it:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI#There_are_2_different_open-source_ATI_drivers.2C_xf86-video-ati_and_xf86-video-radeonhd
.

Sounds like a bug to me..especially since KMS is enabled by default.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI#AMD.2FAti_cards_and_KernelModeSetting_.28KMS.29