[LAD] Next year's LAC

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Oct 15 08:58:48 UTC 2009

fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 08:55:16AM +0100, victor wrote:
>

>> that makes sense now, so someone jumped the gun.
>>

> Some time ago I learned on this list the expression
> 'jumping the shark' - IIRC it was Paul Davis using
> it. But what is 'jumping the gun' ?
>
> Ciao,

http://www.dict.cc/?s=jumping+the+gun *lol* I didn't found any
translation from the German into the Italian word.
http://www.google.de/#hl=de&q=idioms+english+jump+the+gun&meta=&fp=aaf292c33c7f3fe9
http://www.quotations.me.uk/famous-idioms/112-jump-the-gun-idiom.htm

And of course as Adrian mentioned, the urbandictionary. For a while I
had two links to idiom on-line dictionaries on English only. Most of the
idioms used by native English speaking people were not in those
dictionaries. The best source I know is urbandictionary.