[LAD] Problem with small ALSA rawmidi app

Frank Neumann beachnase at web.de
Fri Oct 23 14:52:52 UTC 2009

Hi,
On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 09:34:42 +0200
Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de> wrote:

> > So, a dummy read on the inbound connection gets it going.
>
> Yes.
>
> > Any idea why this is necessary? "buffer pre-warm"?
>
> The input port isn't enabled before the first read to allow the
> application to reconfigure the port's settings directly after opening
> it.

Ok, understood; may I request that this be added to the API documentation? I
couldn't find any hint on that in the auto-generated documentation under
.../alsa-lib-1.0.20/doc/doxygen/html/rawmidi.html.

Thanks,
Frank

PS: On http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/rawmidi.html the link
"example code" at the bottom of the page gives a "404 not found" - it points
at some non-existing file in .../home/alsa/tmp/cvs/...