[LAD] [ot] efficient (event)-loop writing

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Sat Sep 5 14:51:41 UTC 2009

Hello everyone!
   I have a problem and I'm not sure how to solve it in an optimal way. I have
several threads running.
1. An input thread (computer-keyboard/mouse)
2. An output thread (monitor other devices0
3. A working thread (the engine)
   Now I wondered, what is the most efficient way to write the loops for the
input and output threads in a way, that they are always ready to accept
something coming.
   I thought about something with signals, which is fine, as far as the output
is concerned, but the input comes from the user and only the device gets it
coming first and it can't really send a signal?
   Any tipps, good guide or constructs, which have proven to be efficient?
Please/
   Best regards
          Julien

--------