[LAD] "Open midi-keyboard"

Albin Stigo albin.stigo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 15:07:26 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm new to the list so I hope this is not the wrong forum!

I've been working on a midi keyboard ("physical" hardware 88-keys
"professional" = no toy) for a while for which I plan to release the
schematics and source as open source.

It's based around a Fatar keybed (they make Studiologic) and an Atmel
AVR mcu. The code is all in C and is very portable.

Current features are:
- Velocity sensitivity.
- Pedal support.
- Custom velocity curves.
- Only normal MIDI serial "current" link. No USB, yet...

My questions are, Is there an interest in this sort of thing..? What
features would you like to see, what are you missing from
off-the-shelf products?

Atb,
Albin