[LAD] jack-session finally merged.

rosea grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 08:22:53 UTC 2010

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:06:16 +0200, torbenh <torbenh at gmx.de> wrote:

>>> fwiw, qtractor svn trunk already has full jack-session support
>>> (qtractor-0.4.5.1542+)
>>>
>>> highly experimental and untested though--any brave souls out there ?:)
>>>
>>> nb. all lazy/artificial restrictions that plagued qtractor before have
>>> been dropped
>>>
>> cool. thanks.
>>
>> jack_set_session_callback is a weak symbol. please test if its not zero
>> before using it.
>>
>> if(jack_set_session_callback)
>>    jack_set_session_callback( x, y, z )
>>
>> theoretically you would need to test the other symbols too,
>> but they exist if jack_set_session_callback exists, and the codepath
>> is triggered by the callback, so that should be ok.
>>
>> also please use ${SESSION_DIR} in the commandline string returned.
>> this allows the SM to move session dirs around.
>> it includes the directory separator.
>>

> these changes are already committed to svn trunk (qtractor-0.4.5.1546+)
>
> only tested with jack_session_notify and it looked ok :)
>
> cheers

@ torben, could you please provide a as clear as possible documentation
of the api?
Also documentation for devs who want to add support to there apps (I
think you did that already)?

It's nice that you are able to patch all these apps, but devs should do
be able to do it themselves easily too of course.

You see, I care about this becoming a success ;)

@ LAD devs, maybe it's good to release early and often? I mean it's nice
that you have gold in your svn's and git's, but when there is no release
it will take centuries to get this stuff in the different distro's.

Thanks in advance,

\R