[LAD] does sndfile-convert apply dither when reducing wordlength?

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Tue Apr 6 17:14:58 UTC 2010

On 04/06/2010 01:14 AM, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>
>> if not, an option to do so would be cool.
>
> No it doesn't. Its been on the TODO list for ages :-).

please pretty please :)

while i hold my breath, is there a command line tool that combines the
excellent libsamplerate conversion code with wordlength reduction and
dithering in a single pass? i frequently need to go from 48k floats to
44k1 16bit (usually making sure the float stays within -1.0..1.0).