[LAD] Interface development for the blind (starting from Bristol)

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Sun Apr 11 19:41:59 UTC 2010

Hello Nick!
   Just got back and found a lot of mails. :-) So I'm replying in reverse
order. :-)
   VI is fine with me. But cursor keys would be great. Reasons are obvious: We
might know of VI and you seem to be used to it. But many others don't. Second
minor reason: The best hand to fool around with is usually the right one, with
me as well. So the keyboard is to the right of the computer. The cursor keys
are farther to the right of the keyboard, so not so much stretching. And on a
standard keyboard the cursor keys are easier to spot (they have their own
block to themselves.
   But of course working with h/l and j/k is very fine to start and see how it
works out. NJo problem about the X-libs having to be there. the ugliness would
have been to start X. It adds overhead and loads of things I don't need, and
thus don't want. :-)
   Onto the next mails...
   Kindly yours
            Julien