[LAD] successive note on midi events

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon Apr 12 10:58:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 12:30 +0200, Jens M Andreasen wrote:

> Surprisingly, all classical polyphonic keyboards like piano and organ
> works according to 'a'. If you - while playing four-handed piano -
> accidentally strikes a note already held by the other player, nothing
> will happen (in musical terms, that is ...)
>
> Polyphony is what is supposed to happen when you strike /different/
> notes and doubling notes will normally be done by pressing the
> hold-pedal and then striking the note twice.

There is no compulsory need to enforce the keyboard model unto the
interpretation of MIDI. I don't think it should be part of a definition
of polyphony, which to me simply is the simultaneous use of more than
one voice, be that from a single or multiple instruments.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/