[LAD] [Jack-Devel] distros migrating to JACK2?

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Fri Apr 16 20:25:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 09:55:56PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>>> i don't understand this. either i'm not understanding the point, or it
>>> sounds likea debian-specific limitation. i use fedora+ccrma, which has
>>>

>> It's debian-specific.
> No, I'm using a Debian and Ubuntu, were it's easy to build dummy

Feel free to enlighten me how to provide both, jackd1 and jackd2 in
Debian.

I'm happy to please both camps, if possible.

> JACK2 doesn't disconnect clients. The disadvantage: There might be
> phasing between the left and the right channel. The advantage: Even if

Could you elaborate on this? I don't understand it.

   http://linuxhaters.blogspot.com/2008/07/fallacy-of-choice.html

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver