[LAD] distros migrating to JACK2?

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Sun Apr 18 09:25:57 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 11:09:53AM +0200, Philipp wrote:

> I don't really know, nor care, about debian specific packaging stuff.
> What I know is that it has a record of being broken.

Stop that FUD. Ok, a lot was broken until last year, but I fixed
everything and worked closely together with upstreams.

If you have something that needs improvement, simply tell me.

In general, calling the pro-audio stack in Debian to be broken is barely
justifiable. Hint: Torben uses Debian unstable.

Of course, I cannot be held responsible for our spin-offs like Ubuntu in
all its incarnations (studio, xubuntu, kubuntu, whatever).

> Here's an article where some of the technicalities are discussed in the
> comments: http://ardour.org/node/2543

Old stuff. Check the expiry date of your truths. Reality changes over
time.

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver