[LAD] distros migrating to JACK2?

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Sun Apr 18 10:03:37 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 11:44:54AM +0200, Philipp wrote:

> What was the topic again?

We're working on it.

"it" as in "different jack implementations in Debian". Historically, we
only had jackd1, but I guess we'll at least see jackd1 and jackd2,
perhaps also tschack, and the user will be able to choose whatever he
likes. Precompiled, officially supported, easy and working out of the
box.

Once the technical discussion has settled, it will take us some weeks to
actually implement it, but I'm confident that it will happen.

I think we can close the thread now, every argument is already on the
table. It's now all about the details, but that's our business. And
we're glad to cooperate with Torben and Gabriel to make it right. ;)

Cheerio

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver