[LAD] A small article about tools for electronic musicians

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Apr 28 11:02:02 UTC 2010

Louigi Verona wrote:
> TB-303

In the early 80ies a friend had this drum machine. It isn't one of
Roland's most cultic drum machines, but anyway, you can't compare two
(oops, before I wrote "to" instead of "two") completely different ways
of making music. The studio in the box is a studio in a box, in a box,
in a box and nothing more. I don't have enough money to maintain my
analog equipment + oldish computers, that's why I grown to like the
studio in the box, but any assertions that modern computers or even
professional digital equipment are able to replace oldish analog
equipment is hype, or for people without "keen ear" (this means
physically and trained).