[LAD] A small article about tools for electronic musicians

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Apr 29 06:25:45 UTC 2010

hermann wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 28.04.2010, 11:16 +0200 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
>
>> And again the GUI, a problem for e.g. Jconv, there is a GUI, but this
>> GUI has disadvantages.
>>

> I know about to GUI's for jconvolver,
>  http://sourceforge.net/projects/conviction/
> and
>  http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcgui/
>
> but I didn't found a single feature request or bug report for one of
> this projects. ?
>
> hermann

I tested $ ls /usr/src/jcgui*
/usr/src/jcgui-0.4
/usr/src/jcgui-0.6

To be fair, IIRC it isn't buggy and it is user friendly. I'm not sure
any more what exactly the issue is I didn't like, but IIRC not all
settings can be controlled and there is an issue for IOs, at least it
add an additional delay feature. Anyway, Fon's jconv(olver) is an
excellent reverb by contrast with other reverbs for computers using any
OS. I prefer hardware algorithm reverbs.

I'll take a look at http://sourceforge.net/projects/conviction/, thank you.

Ralf