[LAD] Kernel Opinions: .31-rt or .33-rt?

torbenh torbenh at gmx.de
Thu Apr 29 19:41:45 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 09:23:37PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:
> >

> >On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> >>using, might have an advantage regarding to heat. I keep my
> >>fingers crossed that less activity for you fan, won't shutdown
> >>your laptop, when doing audio work.
> >
> >Well, I've used it for several kernel builds with -j2. Gets hot,
> >but hasn't overheated... so I think I'm good. :-)
> >
> >-gabriel
>
> This is a good test :), when I do build a kernel the CPU is working
> to capacity for around 1 hour, when set to
> MAKEFLAGS="CONCURRENCY-LEVEL=2", quasi -j2. I guess your mileage
> won't vary too much, so several kernel builds should be harder than
> audio work.

1 hour ... with both cores ?
thats why i dont use these weird kernel buildsystems.

i build a kernel in 10minutes on one core.
simply because i turn the stuff i dont need off...

but this time i missed some important option and it took pretty long to
get the new kernel working...

for the record:
this was the solution.

torben Hohn