[LAD] Document on using Jack Apps

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Aug 1 20:04:42 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 02:37:09PM -0400, Arvind Venkatasubramanian wrote:

> *Question on using JDelay:*
>
> I have only one web source that has some details about using this tool:
>
> http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/   and this reads:  "It uses a phase
> measurements on a set of tones to measure the delay from the output to the
> input".
>
> How do I use these phase measurements and how do I pass in these tones?  Are
> they special tones?  What kind of oscillator do I need to use to generate
> these special tones?  How do I pass in an audio tick or click?  How do I do
> other settings?

You don't need osclillators or anything else.

* Start jackd.
* Start jdelay.
* Connect jdelay to a system:capture port and to a system:playback port.
* Connect the input and output of your soundcard corresponding to those
ports using a cable. Make sure the levels are compatible.

Ciao,

--
FA

There are three of them, and Alleline.