[LAD] what does "full range" mean with regard to ambisonics and speakers?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Aug 5 00:44:25 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 5:45 PM,  <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 12:31:49PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> when i did this with ardour (and a few other projects) back in the
>> early days, when guile was the interpreter of choice, any benefits it
>> brought to the table were negated by its intrusiveness into the
>> overall process structure.
>
> In what way ?

guile wants to take ownership of the top-level exection context of the
process. i.e. in main() you have to launch/step into guile, then tell
guile to execute the "rest" of the application. this just felt all
wrong, and meant that any backtraces of the main thread ultimately
ended up back in the guile interpreter. i became suspicious about
other aspects of guile's "presence" in the process, but didn't bother
to investigate them all that much - we just dumped it for XML.