[LAD] Basic Audio Mixing Subroutines

torbenh torbenh at gmx.de
Fri Aug 13 17:23:19 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 03:51:56PM -0500, Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:

> Does anyone know of (or is there interest in creating) a library of
> basic, low-level, audio mixing subroutines?  This would be analag to
> the BLAS[1], but for audio.
>
> What I'm thinking is something like Ardour's SSE-optimized mixing
> subroutines... and updating it for later optimizations (SSE2, SSE3,
> ...).

arch is already using gcc-4.5
other distros will probably follow during this year.

the vectorizer can generate pretty much optimal code, if your a bit
careful, and use the restrict keyword.

since the most optimal thing is to weave the mixing code into the actual
processing a library doesnt make sense imo.

> Thanks,
> Gabriel
>
> [1] http://www.netlib.org/blas/

torben Hohn