[LAD] [LAU] mudita24 1.02 -- improved envy24control mixer/router for ice1712-based sound-cards

Tim E. Real termtech at rogers.com
Tue Aug 17 22:25:32 UTC 2010

Hello list, Niels.

Try my patches. See AUTHORS for changes and TODOs.
Once again set up a fresh mudita24-1.0.3 folder and apply these patches.
(Do not apply my last patches.)
Let me know if you want them in another form, applied to some later
 version or something.

I have not touched the meters or slider ranges yet.
But I think I have accomplished what I primarily set out to do, which is
 have slider markings and make them, and the analog slider min/max,
 depend on ALSA, to support different codec chip(s).
*** That is the part which needs testing by all of you with various cards !
Observe the analog slider markings/stepping and let me know of any problems.

Users with Gtk+ 2.6 or higher get the full benefit of GtkRange's
 "change-value" signal.
Users without 2.6 miss the slider snapping to integers, and slider trough
 paging marker snapping, but still get the KB page up/down snapping.

I couldn't figure out a way to make the mouse wheel snap to the markers,
 wheel gives the same scroll type as moving the slider: GTK_SCROLL_JUMP.

There may well be a few fixes and tweaks later, but I think this is how
 I wanted it to be so far. Hopefully we can now move forward with other
 items discussed.

Devels: Note that if we wish to remove some of the marker texts later
 to reduce clutter, please keep the actual marks, as this is now what the
 sliders snap to (unless there are no markings at all, or they're turned off,
 in which case it uses the sliders' own page increment values.)

Eagerly awaiting responses... Tim.