[LAD] Introducing ReverbTuner

Sakari Bergen sakari.bergen at tkk.fi
Mon Dec 13 15:05:02 UTC 2010

Hi All,

ReverbTuner is a program that uses AI to tune LV2 reverb parameters to
match a convolution reverb. It's a school project made for an AI course,
and is a rather quick hack. It's probably the lousiest ever LV2 host,
and will crash with some plugins. However, the basic architecture should
be rather good :)

This has been at a standstill since March, so I thought I'd throw out
the code for anyone who is interested. I've designed it to be as modular
and scalable as possible, so using other plugin standards or
distributing the computational load over a network should not be too
hard. Also, the basic concept should work for any LTI effect, not only
reverbs.

More details (including build instructions) in the paper I wrote for
school: http://beatwaves.net/files/software/reverbtuner/paper.pdf

To build, you'll need: boost, SLV2, (a git version of) Aubio,
Libsndfile, and Gtkmm for the UI

the code can be checked out with svn from
http://svn.beatwaves.net/svn/reverb_tuner/trunk

Br,
Sakari