[LAD] [OT] Richard Stallman warns against ChromeOS

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 13:42:27 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 13:14 +0000, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> > Stallman hitting the mainstream news:
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2010/dec/14/chrome-os-richard-stallman-warning
> >
> > Victor
>
> Hi Victor :)
>
> a good OT post, thank you and full ACK with Stallman here. I'm not all
> the time conform with his statements ;).
>
> Btw. there e.g. is 'Alice Disk & Alice SmartDisk', 5 GB for free to
> 'safeguard' your private data ;), if you pay, the user space is
> unlimited.
>
> I need to ask total strangers, if they would like to safeguard my
> wages ;). Even allegedly reputable PayPal will fuck us and hold back
> donations without any lawsuit, just because big brother is pissed.
>
> Anyway, this is for stupid people who are 'careless' by hook or by crook
> and who don't care for trackers and thingies like this too, instead they
> watch bollocks-TV's lurid reports, e.g. about the dangerous Internet,
> followed by experts that teach them stupid stuff to protect their
> current hyped Windows.
>
> Gag me with a spoon!
>
> Cheers!
>
> Ralf

Yeah, Ralf, although an interesting thought is that Stallman by speaking
about it acknowledges that he considers freedom should be for everyone, even
if they do not understand it. So although I understand the "stupid people"
thing, from an emotional standpoint, I would still love to find a solution
that makes even "stupid people" free ;)

--
Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/