[LAD] [OT] Richard Stallman warns against ChromeOS

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Dec 15 22:42:35 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, December 15, 2010 05:36:25 pm fons at kokkinizita.net did opine:

> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 05:14:56AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > Ralf I suspect, if he were to use pgp, would be like me, and only
> > trust pgp-2.6.2a, the last one before they put Zimmerman in jail for
> > a few years. I have often said, and have been called the uber
> > paranoid for it, that one of the conditions of his release was that
> > the next generation of pgp had a back door.
>
> PZ was never put in jail. He was investigated for illegal export of
> 'munitions', but the US government dropped the case after some years
> without any charges being filed.
>
> Ciao,

Fons, no dis-respect intended, but I was there, observing closely, sitting
behind the keyboard of a full house supercharged amiga back in those years.

He did do 2 or 3 years.  Don't forget, this is a prime example of that old
saw about history being written by the winners, so the whole thing may have
been white washed to a high polish by now.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)