[LAD] [OT] Richard Stallman warns against ChromeOS

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Dec 16 22:39:21 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 14:25 -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Tim E. Real <termtech at rogers.com> wrote:
> >> The amiga is actually fairly late model here folks, I started with a quest
> >> super elf I built from a kit.  Circa '77.
> >
> > 1802 CPU fan here too. Mine was RCA COSMAC VIP 1802.
> > Added 3 channel sound (Famous G.I. AY3- chip) and
> >  colour graphics with T.I. 9918 chip, after read Circuit Cellar article on it.
> > Oh what fun...
>
> My first system was, IIRC, an Intersil 6100 (single-chip pdp-8 clone)
> that my Dad designed and I wire-wrapped.  It had a four digit LED
> display and a keypad.  I wrote my first real-world-affecting
> program on it by using a 74c06 as a speaker driver, controlling it
> with a single bit, and then flipping that bit with a hand-coded loop
> to make all kinds of sirens.  Good times!
> - Dan

Aaaaaaaaaaargh, I had an amp from an established company, can't remember
this company, everything was connected by wire-wrapping, so indeed a
good discrete circuit, but the wire-wrapping did cause defects. Btw. I
prefer good old leaded solder, but leaded solder in Germany isn't
allowed anymore. We should start to wire-wrap all electronic devices for
our politicians here :p.

Cheers!

Ralf