[LAD] Program design: C++ -> SHM -> Python

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 10:56:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 8:22 AM, Arnold Krille <arnold at arnoldarts.de> wrote:

>  And once the shmem is working, you can try to port some of that
> to osc too.

Is it acceptable to be sending ±4 sec worth of float samples across OSC? It
sounds like quite a bit of data,
esp if the sampling rate goes upwards to 96... :-)

If that's possible I'll definatly be doing that, the reason I tried the
"same-binary" approach was I presume that
doing the OSC transfer of lots of data was a bad idea.. I have no reason to
like SHM, I've never used it and it
doesn't scale if I want to run on two different machines. Which was the
reason to control using OSC in the first place!

Summing up: Large data ( ±384,000 samples of float type ) OK to send with
OSC?

Thanks for the swift reply! -Harry