[LAD] LV2 Beat reporting?

JohnLM johnlm at apollo.lv
Tue Dec 28 19:29:01 UTC 2010

Well I think the idea is quite good! I could think of few more uses,
including real-time DJ "crossfade/mix" sync by beats, and such.

I haven't looked into LV2 much yet, but one thing is sure. You can't
make the plugin universal. Any host dealing with such plugin must be
aware of it's purpose whether the output is simply audio clicks or some
kind of event interface.

As much as I understand LV2 does not mandate universal-use "filter"
plugins as LADSPA did, so you're good with extending it as you see fit.
Host code modifications will be required, but if you make it generic
enough, the interface could be picked up by various projects.