[LAD] On the last eve of the year

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at comhem.se
Fri Dec 31 14:16:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-31 at 14:33 +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:
>  Which software did you use to do
> it?

I am sorry to disappoint you, but:

When my DX7 broke down this summer I went looking for a DX5 (with more
keys), but instead ended up with a €400 second hand EX5 .. Thats it!

It's twelve years old, and terribly buggy - like driving an elderly
french car with a mind of its own - but it has what I need on board.
Mastering is done on a pocket sized 24bit Roland R1, that the former
owner parted with for €30 ...

Pre Millenium digital gear is traded for next to nothing these days.

That being said. there isn't any technical hindrance for setting up a
similar sound on linux. The problem mainly being finding a set of clear
and concise pianosamples that are not covered by copyright.

/J