[LAD] Anyone testing the new TerminatorX release?

Dan Mills dmills at exponent.myzen.co.uk
Mon Feb 1 00:48:24 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 11:37 +1100, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

>    http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/FAQ.html#Q020
>
> When the patents expire I'll support MP3.

Well, MPEG 1 layer II is (as far as I can tell) due to expire this year
and supporting it as both a raw mp2 file and as a compression type for
wav would make my day, along with many others that have to work with
radio broadcast related things.....
At the moment I try libsndfile then if that fails do the pipe, dup2 and
execve thing to shovel it through an external decoder, but it is a lot
of code that would be better in the library.

Patch acceptable once it finally expires?

Regards, Dan.