[LAD] [Consortium] Some suggestions/guidelines for the LAA posts

Marc-Olivier Barre marco at marcochapeau.org
Mon Feb 1 07:21:55 UTC 2010

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 22:32:43 -0500, "Ivica Ico Bukvic" <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
> Dear fellow LA* members,
>
> As some of you may be aware, instead of a static news page,
Linuxaudio.org

http://stats.linuxaudio.org/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?config=www.linuxaudio.org>,
> then we do get tons of exposure there that is perhaps more importantly
> steadily growing). I say this not because there have been some grave
> offenses recently but rather because I think as a community it would
really
> nice if we collectively put extra attention to this facet that is much
> considerably "public" than a typical lau/lad post. So, I guess what I am
> trying to say is perhaps having a post on lau/lad lists mirrored on laa
may
> not be always a good idea.
>
> If I had to single-out one post in there that could use some TLC :-) it
> would be the call for submissions for the upcoming LAC. Namely,
suggesting
> that there has been little interest may end-up looking like a
> self-fulfilling prophecy--new and incoming potential contributors to LAC
> who may have come across this post could be easily discouraged by the
way
> this reads despite the fact we all know that most conference submissions
> are usually uploaded in the last 72 hours before the submission
deadline.

> At any rate, don't mean to be preaching, so I hope no one will get
> offended. And if you do, I guess I owe you a pint (hear that Frank? ;-)
>
> Just my 5-cents worth...

Hello all,

Just a quick word from me to add that not only linuxaudio.org monitor this
list closely, loads of linux/FLOSS related websites do too, some of them
totally unrelated to audio. But then again, each person who posts an
announce here is responsible for what kind of publicity he/she provides for
his/her software...

Although, one has to admit that most posts are well written and have a
professional look that I like a lot.

+1 cent...

Cheers,
--