[LAD] CV data protocol in apps.

alex stone compose59 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 11:46:48 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 2:34 PM, torbenh <torbenh at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 02:18:54PM +0300, alex stone wrote:
>> I will clarify here that i'm talking about a user experience, before
>> the discussion gets into jousting with white papers.....
>
> ok. so you basically say that midi channels are annoying ?
> how about several CC controllers flowing through the same midi connection ?
> you think thats bad too ?
>
> i mean for complex synths this could quickly end up in 20 CV lines
> controlling one voice.
>

>> :)
>>
>> Alex.
>>

>> --
>> www.openoctave.org
>>
>> midi-subscribe at openoctave.org
>> development-subscribe at openoctave.org

We have midi for automation or controlling synths, plugins, etc,
because that's been the malnstream path for development. As far ease
of use, midi is inefficient is certain use cases.
I don't doubt that with great implementation, midi could do better
than it does, but i've yet to see that.

Again, this a personal user experience, based on all the previous
years of having to use midi for such tasks, and the refreshing change
to CV in a software format, that has saved me hours of time already,
and ongoing.

Alex.

--
www.openoctave.org