[LAD] CV data protocol in apps.

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Fri Feb 19 17:30:20 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 11:40:51AM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:

> my feeling precisely. the storage issue is an interesting one, but not
> clearly an imperative. i do think that a general purpose event data
> type would be useful.

1/16 (3 kHz) is actually overkill for normal audio control.
Digital mixers typically sample their physical controls at
lower rates. Psycho-acoustic arguments would require less
as well. Going up to 1/16 is motivated mainly by the fact
that 16 frames is more or less the shortest Jack period
that makes sense in practice, and you still have a control
sample in each period. A higher rate also makes it much
easier to upsample to audio rate if that would be required,
a simple 1-line lowpass filter is all you need.

Ciao,

--
FA

O tu, che porte, correndo si ?