[LAD] For your information

torbenh torbenh at gmx.de
Sat Feb 20 23:40:09 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 11:22:38PM +0100, fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> To all, for your information.
>
> I have received the following message from Mr. Nick Copeland.
> It was sent privately, but since this is the continuation of
> a thread on this list and the person concerned has well gone
> beyond any reasonable limits of decent behaviour I feel free
> to post it here.

lol...
how did you earn that ?
by saying that bristol sucks ?

anyways. since the mail fons wrote is missing, i cant say whos mistake
it was.
nick seem to be referring to this:
http://alsamodular.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/alsamodular/ams/m_vcf.cpp?hideattic=0&revision=1.1&view=markup

however if m_vcf.c was any good the example patches wouldnt be using
fonss ladspas.
and i remember mathias nagorni showing me totally enthuasistically
the MCP filters.

> *** Start included message ***
>
> The last time I looked at the AMS source code I was under the impression
> that the Moog VCF filters were not actually yours, they were Tossavainen
> and Kellets. They were published eventually placed on musicdsp.org however
> there are a couple of things here:
>
> 1. In their original publishing they did not advocate the use of
> quantisation of their parameters - you implemented this as an
> adaptation of their algorithm.
>
> 2. In not quoting the original authors you are plagiarism them.
> In the source to AMS they are quoted however it is bit disingenious
> to imply that this was 'your' MoogVCF.
>
> In short you did not actually write the 'Moog' VCF parts and
> suggesting that this is how their algorithms worked is just
> attempting to justify quantisation to 1/16 is not deleterious
> to quality which is definitely not attributable to the original
> authors.
>
> >>From what you are saying I would like to just say you are an
> arrogant selfpublicist however base on the claims in your email
> you are actually a lying plagiarst.
>
> Regards nick.
>
> *** End included message ***
>
> --