[LAD] midi beat clock

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Feb 22 18:09:24 UTC 2010

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 8:19 PM, Tim E. Real <termtech at rogers.com> wrote:
>

>> Imagine. Midi clock, active sense, tick and/or MTC all on the same line...
>>

> the MMA specs recommend a separate MIDI cable for MTC.

And

Midi clock + song position pointer is useful

or

MTC without Midi clock and without song position pointer is useful.

It's still unclear if there are enough devices using MIDI tick, I don't
know any.

I don't think you'll use all kinds of sync at the same time and in
general it's a good idea to use several MIDI IOs, e.g. to use SysEx on
real-time.

Anyway, using pitch bend also causes a lot of traffic and there will be
no trouble because of this. You shouldn't fear too much traffic, MIDI
isn't that slow.