[LAD] ambisonics UHJ encoder

alex stone compose59 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 19:39:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:01 PM,  <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 09:35:42PM +0300, alex stone wrote:
>
>> So in this case, i would run 2 instances of jconvolver, one for the
>> tail, and one for the UHJ conf?
>
> One for the reverb and one for the UHJ encoder.
>
> In theory you *could* combine them into a single
> configuration, just use separate ins/outs for
> each part. I wouldn't recommend doing this.
>
> Note that the UHJ encoder has a delay of 2048
> samples, the price to pay for a very accurate
> 90 degrees phase shifter. This could be decreased,
> but would require a shorter Hilbert transform
> IR which is not provided in the current release.
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> FA
>
> O tu, che porte, correndo si ?
> E guerra e morte !

Yes, i've just discovered the delay. No problem with that. i'd rather
have a better quality, than haste. I'll use 2 instances of JC as per
your recommendation.

Any recommendations for a delay? I've found a couple in the ladspa
collection, but so far they're not up to my particular task.

Thanks for the help.

Alex.
--
www.openoctave.org