[LAD] Jack port alias names

Tim E. Real termtech at rogers.com
Tue Feb 23 23:55:47 UTC 2010

On February 23, 2010 04:53:59 am Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:
> > On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Arnold Krille wrote:
> >> But why is your app giving midi-ports both for jack and
> >> alsa at the same time?
> >
> > Why not?  I think that doing this actually serves users
> > better, especially since JACK MIDI adoption is still on the
> > up-swing.
> >
> > -gabriel
>
> Both at the same time? Why not adding an option to the app? --midi=alsa
> --midi=jack so the user can choose what he needs.
Ah, I thought maybe that's what was meant - why both at the same time.
Well, I figure I'll add switches only if necessary, otherwise if they can both
 work together, why not let them?
Someone might have devices that only work well with ALSA and other devices
 that can only work well through Jack midi (like FFADO?) or whatever.

Actually you're right in a way, I am planning to add 'disable' switches,
 and it *should* rightly have them, in case users don't want one or the other,
 but default for now will be both at the same time. Unless things go sour...

Tim.