[LAD] Science (OT)

Jane rdxesy at yahoo.de
Thu Jan 7 17:53:06 UTC 2010

On Jan 7, 2010, at 08:51, Stéphane Letz wrote:

> 1) If science educated people cannot distinguish between day to day weather and long term climate trends, then we are in trouble...

my point was (not pointed out clearly) that we may be better off with just using our senses than believing some *hypothesis* about greenhouse effects in the atmosphere.

> 2) If science educated people trust this stupid climate hacked email hoax, then we are are in trouble...  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nnVQ2fROOg&feature=youtube_gdata)

hmm, those hacked emails is something i personally never payed much attention.

> 3) Climate story is probably not the more important short term threat (although on long term it may be the one...), I would say "peak oil" is *the* short term threat but very few people understand that correctly.

i have no idea of peak oil or petroleum in general, where it comes from and how much is currently left...it seems like nobody really does for sure.

> 4) There is always *something* to do, to not make the situation worse. I personally consider this as a "moral" choice.

why do you think that we make things worse in the first place? sorry but i'm so tired of it. because they told ya and you believe them? why do you believe them?
HAL in 2001 was programed to control the crew. he verified its own status as being the one under control by lying to the crew. when the crew started to develop their own view HAL went mad to save the mission.

don't you see that there is some method in what they tell us? their mission is to make money and they don't care about what comes after them. don't let them succeed/kill in the name of saving the planet or wahtever.

btw, who is really accountable for eventually polluting our ecosystem? not us "normal" people! its their industry. and they have the money to switch industries as they wish, to make even more money (like from oil to nuclear fusion "green tech"). the switch does not make powerful persons poor and poor people rich. on a global scale it adds power to the richest countries (think taxes for air pollution).
power and money - that is my belief, is their mission. saving the planet is just a story inside a story. like the whole extra-terrestrial story in 2001.

ye, ths is not something i read up on some website or trash science book or something. this is my own, regained brain! websites gave me ideas sure. and kubrick... me loves you! :o

Jan