[LAD] Hydrogen and jackmidi

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 21:38:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010, alex stone wrote:

> A quick question. Is Hydrogen now a jackmidi app? I've been searching
> the interlink, and did see some discussion about it, and i wondered if
> this was an impending reality, or a false dawn. I've downloaded the
> latest stable but no jackmidi present as yet.

The JACK MIDI code was contribued (by me) while H2 was on a
feature freeze before 0.9.4.  It was placed on the
"jackMidi" branch.  After being unfrozen, it wasn't
considered a priority branch.

The branch has been lightly tested, and had regular merges
with trunk (leading up to the 0.9.4 release).  There are two
known issues:

   1. MIDI record is totally broken.

   2. IIRC, the notes are scheduled for frame 0 of
      the current process cycle... basically ignoring
      the frame number.  Long story why.  Also,
      I seem to recall doing something to fix that...
      but I'm not sure.

HTH,
Gabriel